Fillings

I have been seeing a dentist and got all fillings done.
I had to go to a different dentist to get partials.
This one tells me I need fillings in the same place the last dentist already did them recently over the last three months it just seems very odd when my last dentist cleared me for no decaying teeth left to fill

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Then you have to tell the new dentist this and ask why he thinks they need to be redone. It would help if you could get copies of the records and xrays to show him. I've had a number of patients get confused about exactly which teeth have been filled and when.

Vote:
Then you have to tell the new dentist this and ask why he thinks they need to be redone. It would help if you could get copies of the records and xrays to show him. I've had a number of patients get confused about exactly which teeth have been filled and when.
Thanks I told him I just had those teeth filled recently and took him my xrays he still insists that they need filling.
Also wants to do a cleaning which also ready has been done recently.
I have insurance but my concern is that I want my partials asap I've already been without teeth needed for eating normally for there months.
Not to mention going through the same painful proceedures all over again.
So what can I do now

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Why do you have to go to a different dentist for partials? The first dentist doesn't do them? How did you know who to go for the partials? I feel there is a lack of continuity and communication.

Vote:
The first dentist doesn't do partials and I called my insurance company to find who near me takes my insurance and does partials and that's who I went to

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Fillings aside, it seems odd that dentist2 sees the need to reclean. That shouldn't be up for dispute. You can refuse treatment and ask that he only does the denture. BTEW, I haven't done dentures for 15 years - too difficult and messy in a smallish surgery, so I refer people to a local prosthetist.

Vote:

Ask a Question