Fillings need to be replaced

I am 62 years old. I just went to the dentist and was told that I needed to replace all my fillings since they are old and have some problems. The dentist said that since many of the fillings are very big, they will probably need to be replaced with crowns. I am willing to do the work but I need it to be spaced since I don't have insurance and my budget is very limited. I am new in the country and don't know if it would be appropriate to tell the doctor that I need the treatments spaced, so I can have the time to save for them. Any advice in how to deal with this situation. I am very worried.

You are the boss. Don't be worried and don't back down. It's your money and your mouth. Most dental clinics these days want to be paid right away and don't take payments, so that should make it easier for you to do what you can afford when you can afford it. Remember, even if you fix one tooth every month or two, that's better than doing nothing.

Vote:
You need to visit more than one dental clinic and also meet with other dentists. I am also giving you advise that when you meet any dentist, you should first ask him about fees or cost of treatment and if the Crowns procedure is better than any other treatment. Its better for you to fix one tooth every month or two as that would be better than doing nothing.

Good luck with the treatment hope this helps.

Vote:

Ask a Question