Filling versus No filling Help

Morning everyone

I'm at a bit of a loss with a tooth issue and thought someone here might be able to help.

A filling fell out last week and my dentist couldn't get me in until yesterday. It was quite sensitive so I went to another local dentist who saw me the next day.

They did an x-ray and said another tooth was so badly decayed it probably needed removing as there was a slim chance of saving it. It was decayed down to the nerve, etc. She showed me the x ray which had a shadow on the tooth in question. However, I'm not a dentist so it could be anything. Then came a hard sell for an implant costing £4000. They said they didn't have time to do the filling that had fallen out.

Now, its not hurt or given me any cause for concern. It was not noted on my last check up 11 months ago either.

I went to my normal dentist yesterday who replaced the filling. He looked at the tooth that apparently needed pulling. He said he couldn't see a problem and that the tooth had a filling on it already but was fine. The other dentist didn't mention this.

I'm at a loss now because I want to believe my dentist but don't want to overlook the original dentist if they are right and there's still a chance of saving it if my normal dentist is wrong.

Any advice?

Many thanks

Last edited:
Excellent. I've just emailed asking for a copy. As soon as it comes, I'll upload it.

I really appreciate your help. It'll save me going, and paying, for a 3rd opinion.

Kind regards.

Vote:
20180328_163628.png
20180328_163705.png

Vote:
Afternoon Zuri

I've just uploaded the Right Bite Wing upper x rays. On the top one the UR4 is the furthest picture right and the bottom image is the same teeth but with the UR4 in the middle.

Forgive me if you could tell that already.

Many thanks.

Vote:

Ask a Question