Filling irritating me

I went to the dentist a month ago..I needed 3 fillings (I hadnt been to the dentist for 10 years) I had slight irritation in 1 tooth it never hurt but it ached and I found myself constantly playing with it with my tongue. The dentist said it will be a deep filling as the hole is quite big. The day after I had it done I had intense pressure constantly and felt like I needed to play with it with my tongue..I went back to the dentist the following week and told him it was still irritating me..he looked at it and said it looked fine..I changed dentist and got another opinion and she also said it looked fine..she took an exam of the tooth and said all looked ok and no swelling or nerve irritation however it still annoys me..like I said it doesn't hurt but when I brush it it feels like pressure after and i just feel like there is something wrong with it and I'm still finding that I'm constantly playing with it I have even cut all my tongue. I was wondering If it was in my head I had to wait 2 months for the first dentist to even look at my tooth by that time I had got into the habit of playing around with it..I feel like ripping the damn thing out!

Solutions
It's not in your head. Unfortunately dentists cannot see what a filling feels like just by looking at it. Good luck with trying to get it replaced!

Vote:
Solutions
If they have any integrity then they will try to replace the filling first. An extraction is a last resort. But it depends entirely on the dentist!

Vote:
Solutions
When you brush your teeth, do you use the dental floss in that tooth? Sometimes the contact point or another very small imperfection on the restauration on the occlusal surface...sometimes when we have something different or painful inside our mouth we are always aware of it, and because the tongue is so sensitive, you can feel things that it's not easy to see immediately.

Vote:

Ask a Question