Fighting the inevitable

I've had tons of dental work. I have numerous huge fillings, an atrocious bite (it surprises every dentist I've seen), five root canals, five crowns. My teeth don't look good, they generally don't feel good. For the past three years I've been getting opinions on how to correct it, all of which cost 10-15k.

A cosmetic dentist wanted to crown all my back teeth (16) with emax. This wouldn't even address my open bite. My current dentist wants to build up the front first so my teeth can guide properly, and then work on the back.

I recently had a filling break and become a root canal, which got me thinking about the 8-10 other similar fillings I have, all of which might have the same thing happen.

This teeth twist me up and pre-occupy my thoughts and are costing me a small fortune, and they don't even look good. I'll probably spend between 10-20k to get the bite corrected (if that works), and then after that I'll be constantly replacing crowns for the rest of my life. Is there a legitimate case for me thinking about just having them all just yanked (at the very least in the back) and getting some sort of implant anchored denture?

Ask a Question