Failed root canal?

Hello

I posted a few weeks back regarding an infection i had on my gum , there was a small hole where the infection was leaking from but wasn't causing any pain. Been stupid i left it for quite some time and i guess the infection established itself.

i have seen my dentist last week and he has performed root canal treatment on the infected tooth , the hole seems to be healing well but i have still got a lump on the side of my gum that doesn't seem to be getting any smaller.

i have been taking my antibiotics for 6 days now and only have one day remaining which is worrying me.

my main concern is the dentist decides to extract the tooth he did mention that if it fails i will have to have it removed. I am only 28 and have had a lot of orthodontic work , the last thing i want is a missing tooth.

any advice would be great

Your dentist knows the best and if there is a need for extraction that will be the best idea since if you will just leave it like that, it may affect the neighboring teeth which is much more worst. About having missing teeth for sure your dentist will recommend a solution like implants or denture, depending on the position of your missing teeth.Good luck to you!

Vote:

Ask a Question