Extraction

3 days ago I had my lower 2nd molar removed due decay that has effected part of the root!

Due to it being an emergency NHS appointment It was pot luck who would treat my painful tooth
The dental surgeon really did make me feel like an NHS patient. I received 1 filling a lower molar extraction.
I explained that due to gum disease all my teeth were very loose so may not require a lot of pulling out. I was totally dismissed!! I was in my opinion given the less timely treatment in just getting it pulled out
Can I get a false tooth to fill this gap
It’s been 3 days since my tooth was removed, I have jaw pain and swelling on my lower jaw
I’m on antibiotics as I had an abscess at the time my tooth was extracted but feel something isn’t right

it’s been 10+ years since I’ve seen dentist and embarrassed at the state there in. Due to an illness getting my teeth treated was the last thing on my list!
Can you see from this photo how the wound where my tooth was has gone white? Shouldn’t I have a red blood clot where the tooth was

The nurse and surgeon worked sync as if being timed by a stop watch.

Having contacted 111 due to tooth ache
It was apparent that the dental surgeon was there to do only one thing did feel rushed andlittle embarrassed for using up an appointment for

Attachments

• DEE45640-F450-4559-97B8-9A2A4CD44D97.jpeg
    DEE45640-F450-4559-97B8-9A2A4CD44D97.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 45

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Wound appears fine. You don't get dry scabs form in the mouth - you get white, sloughing material. Your lower front teeth have severe attrition - do you have a lot of acidic drinks?

Vote:

Ask a Question