Extraction wound

I am now awaiting an appointment to see a dentist regarding gum disease causing every tooth to become very loose

I received an emergency tooth extraction by an NHS dentist

Even though it’ was apparent to the dentist who removed a lower molar and a filling next to the extracted tooth, I am not entitled to preventative dental treatment on the NHS!
In the 18 months I spend on the waiting list the NHS are only able to extract & perform fillings should they cause pain! Gum disease treatment does not warrant treatment!
I asked about going private, assessment, x rays, treatment plan starts at £160. I’m looking at £2500 for a hygienist even before I’ve had any surgery!

My illness stole my career that I loved away from me! My marriage ended, I lost my flat, I became homeless, lost my car, my self respect, dignity, my mental health changed how people saw me!

Then the icing on the cake is to loose my teeth at 47, the NHS does actually discriminate people who are struggling financially

Would this happen to me if I had had my health and working in a job I loved.
I wouldn’t be in a situation whereby I’m waiting 18 months to receive preventative treatment on my gum disease.

I thought England had the finest health care system with the NHS, its an eye opener Googling the NHS dental health care sham.

Ask a Question