Extraction question - foam/dry socket

Main question: If I don't see clotting, but the bleeding stopped after oral surgeon put foam into socket, does that mean I'll get dry socket? How long until it would dissolve and cause dry socket to occur? Now on to the details!

I went to the dentist on Monday to get two teeth extracted (#2 & #30, I believe). The upper molar (#2) was just fine the next day, but for two days following the extraction the lower one was still bleeding as if it were the first day. Some of the bleeding was coming from the tooth in front of the extraction as well. I went back the day after the extraction and the dentist noticed the bleeding from the tooth in front, and said this was from my gums which aren't the healthiest, and that the extraction site itself seemed to be clotting okay. I went back the second day because it was bleeding just as bad if not worse, and he sent me to an oral surgeon who filled it with some sort of foam and stitched me up. He did say that some of the bleeding seemed to be coming from the tooth in front, so he stitched between that tooth and the one in front of it as well.

How does this foam stuff work? From what I've read, the foam just absorbs the blood to help it clot. What worries me (& I do get worried easily) is that I don't see a clot at all! It honestly just looked like my normal gums with stitches all over, only 2 hours after I left the surgeon. It still looks like that today, two days after I saw the surgeon, but there's also a lot of white tissue now which I'm guessing/hoping is the granulation tissue.

*******I mean, the foam stopped the bleeding, but since I don't see any red/blood, should I be concerned that once the foam dissolves that I'll have dry socket? What if the bleeding for the first two days was PURELY from the tooth in front, so when the surgeon cleaned out the socket to put the foam in, the socket wasn't bleeding anymore to produce another clot?********

I think that's all! I can add any information if it seems I missed something. I've called the dentist a bunch throughout this past week, and they probably think I'm the most annoying patient. They seem to brush me off a little too so I don't know how serious they take me now after I ask so many questions! I've just heard such horrible things about dry socket that I'm petrified to get it, especially since I have work the next three days and wouldn't know what to do if this occurred at work and I don't have coverage for me to go home!

Ask a Question