Extraction Problems

I'd really appreciate some help. I had a top wisdom tooth out and a bottom molar (same side) 6 days ago.

I've really really looked after it, done everything I should but it hasn't been healing. This morning I woke up and a lot of congealed blood was hanging out of the extraction site of the top wisdom tooth and the molar
site had regressed to wet blood.

Anyway I went to the dentist same morning (today) and he took the blood clot out of the top wisdom tooth and then he took the bone spurs out of the molar site and
said it looked infected. Because of this he applied painkiller and antiseptic to it. Since then (afew hours later) it's gone very dark red, like jelly but grainy. It isn't bleeding or moving but it's an odd texture and slightly
higher than the gum line peaking in the middle.

I just don't want the blood clots coming out again! Does the molar one sound okay? Feels like I'll wake up tomorrow morning with a mouth full of liver clot again.

Also why haven't they healed at all yet?? Getting bored of not drinking and having soft foods, not to mention the worry of looking after it, making sure it looks okay. I think hopefully I'm past the time of dry socket and the pain isn't too bad right now but constant worry isn't helping.

Thanks in advance

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

An extraction socket can sometimes take 2 weeks to a month to close. Everybody is different. If you are not experiencing any pain or discomfort, you just have to be patient and give your body the time it needs to heal.

Vote:
Thanks for the reply! It’s mainly the mound of grainy dark blood clot I’m worried about instead of it being level with the gum line. Will this mean the gum has to grow over it upwards? My jaw and teeth still ache which a week later I’m abit worried about. Just don’t want the blood falling out again and setting me back to day one.

Vote:

Ask a Question