Extraction of first molar insight pls

Solutions
Hello I extracted my first lower left molar a couple years ago back in 2017. I am now 27 years old and I'm noticing a drastic change in my left facial profile in comparison to my right. There is a dent at the sight of extraction as well as a droopy look relative to the strong, bold and defined right side. This is really depressing me. I did a bridge with a bone graft. Inside my mouth I can see gum recession in that area. I am thinking of getting an implant because I'm worried this will just keep getting worse. Is it typical for exterior facial profile to change after such a procedure? Is there anything I can do about it? I'm willing to do anything to get my face back :/

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
First molars are very traumatic to remove because of their size and anatomically flared roots. Once it is removed, the area loses a lot of bone and will continue to lose bone through time. Implants are a better option because it helps retain bone. Keeping bone will help with facial profile.

Vote:

Ask a Question