Extraction/dentures/cost

Solutions
My husband is 34 and needs almost a full mouth extraction and dentures or some sort of implants. His mouth is in constant pain and he has to take excedrin 24/7. He is a wonderful husband and father and works around the clock to pay the bills. We were told that these combined procedures will cost $60,000 and we cannot get approved for that kind of loan for medical work. We have “good” insurance through his work, but they will cover close to nothing (maybe $5,000-$15,000). Today his gums were bleeding. I am so outraged that he cannot get the medical care he needs. I am looking for any advice from anyone in the field or anyone who has gone through it is going through something similar! Please and thank you!

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Where are you located? You don't need to pay $60,000. Implants are not a necessity. I'm not sure how many teeth needs extraction. You can consider the local Dental School for lower costs. Keep in mind if your husband considers having dentures made before extraction (called immediate dentures), it won't fit as accurate after the teeth are taken out. Some places like in Aspen Dental will make you 2nd denture (very costly) after 6 months of healing. You can opt to make 1 denture after 2 to 3 months of healing. Unfortunately, there are a lot of cost considerations.

Vote:
Solutions
Where are you located? You don't need to pay $60,000. Implants are not a necessity. I'm not sure how many teeth needs extraction. You can consider the local Dental School for lower costs. Keep in mind if your husband considers having dentures made before extraction (called immediate dentures), it won't fit as accurate after the teeth are taken out. Some places like in Aspen Dental will make you 2nd denture (very costly) after 6 months of healing. You can opt to make 1 denture after 2 to 3 months of healing. Unfortunately, there are a lot of cost considerations.
We are located in PA. I will have to look into Dental Schools! I appreciate the advice!

Vote:

Ask a Question