Extraction #30 and the implants to follow

Solutions
So I have now a number 30 that shows i guess decay at the root and below the gumline that is not restorable?
So id like to do an implant but they insist on bone graft without seeing my imaging. It seems to be the MO like not even knowing.
I have dull pain nothing crazy but yeah it feels like it wants to not be there anymore.

So my question is: Is a bone graft absolutely necessary?

Ive seen 3 dentists so far to look at this number 30.
The pano is 2 1/2 yrs old. Oddly 30 looks like it has the same decay its had in 2019

#19 extracted i 2013 due to failed root canal. I need my front bottom molars! I basically do soft foods because of it..
any insight would be hugely appreciated.

Attachments

• X06471_1.JPG
    X06471_1.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 9
  • X06471.JPG
    X06471.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Pano 11-03-19 (1).jpg
    Pano 11-03-19 (1).jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 9
Solutions
So I have now a number 30 that shows i guess decay at the root and below the gumline that is not restorable?
So id like to do an implant but they insist on bone graft without seeing my imaging. It seems to be the MO like not even knowing.
I have dull pain nothing crazy but yeah it feels like it wants to not be there anymore.

So my question is: Is a bone graft absolutely necessary?

Ive seen 3 dentists so far to look at this number 30.
The pano is 2 1/2 yrs old. Oddly 30 looks like it has the same decay its had in 2019

#19 extracted i 2013 due to failed root canal. I need my front bottom molars! I basically do soft foods because of it..
any insight would be hugely appreciated.
Second sentence meant to say "It seems like their MO is to just automatically do a bone graft with out really needing it. I will not be able to do the implant until maybe August. I would do an implant right after extraction however if dentist allowed

Vote:

Ask a Question