Exposed dentin but experiencing no sensitivity- can I just leave it?

I am getting invisalign soon so I have been quite analytical of my teeth.

One thing I have noticed in the past few months is vertical lines (craze lines) on my top teeth. I showed these to my dentist and he didn't seem too concerned and told me they are just part of the wear and tear of the teeth. One of my top teeth also has a slight dent in it, as if the enamel has been chipped off, meaning the dentin is exposed. I haven't experienced any sensitivity. My dentist didn't notice/point it out.

However, I am wondering, is the dentin strong? Can it be left exposed and be perfectly durable? I touch the dented area quite a lot to analyse it, I don't know if touching/scratching my nail across it could damage it more, or if its strong enough to withstand eating, touching etc. Should i bring it up again with concerns or is it fine as I am not experiencing sensitivity? I don't know if its normal for dentin to be exposed and not be seen as a concern if there is no sensitivity.

Thanks in advance!

Ask a Question