Experiencing pain on pushing tooth, tapping on it

I'm having a situation with the bottom front tooth (left). Tapping it with my nail or pushing on it with my finger causes pain which stays for a long time. Pushing on the gum line in that spot also hurts. No heat or cold sensitivity detected. When this happened previously my dentist said it was gum recession, did not find evidence of a cavity and prescribed a fluoride gel to apply for a week. Could it be that or is it something else?

Latest OPG attached (for a different issue though), taken 4 May, 2023 (did not have this problem then).

Attachments

• Scan.png
    Scan.png
    448.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Difficult to see anything on the x-ray. I think a clinical examination is necessary to rule out recession, traumatic occlusion or even crack formation.

Vote:
I went to the emergency clinic in my city, the doctor did a cold test which was fine, and found nothing out of ordinary on the x-ray - no infection, no swelling. She did note that the tooth felt a little loose but did not seem worried about it. No test for crack. The pain is now localised around one tooth at the gum line but there is no abnormal cold or heat sensitivity, only pressure. She put some gel on my gum and said if the pain persists, I should come back. Do you have any thoughts with this additional information?

Vote:

Ask a Question