ESPE 3m cement for cementation of Monolithic Zirc?

Nan

Are ESPE 3m cements reliable for cementing monolithic Zirconia (katana) crowns in posterior region?
Must they be light cured, or is it sufficient to use them conventionally without bonding with light?

Let me know your thoughts If you have experience with the product.

Thanks

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
ESPE 3m is a company that offers different family of cements. You may be referring to the resin cements like RelyX products which has different application requirements such as bonding or self-bonding depending on which product you select. I use a lot of glass ionomer cements such as FujiCem 2 for Zirconia. I prep for mechanical retention and do not rely on cements or bonding.

Vote:

Nan

ESPE 3m is a company that offers different family of cements. You may be referring to the resin cements like RelyX products which has different application requirements such as bonding or self-bonding depending on which product you select. I use a lot of glass ionomer cements such as FujiCem 2 for Zirconia. I prep for mechanical retention and do not rely on cements or bonding.
I understand. The dentist did not use light curing and just had me bite down on a cotton roll - and then removed the excess. He said its ESPE 3M, but didn't specify which.
Makes sense there was no curing?

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It almost doesn't matter what you glue a zirc crown with as the cement doesn't truly bond to the zirc anyway. I personally use RelyX as a general lute for ceramics. I have seen an article from Dr Christensen who says even zinc phosphate will do just fine, and may even be preferable if the grip of the crown is good.

Vote:

Ask a Question