Erythroleukoplakia?

Solutions
Hello,

I am having some redness on my palate. It is adjacent to a tooth that had a root canal several years back. I haven’t gotten the permanent crown yet.
My concern is that this is maybe something sinister as I used to drink alcohol quite regularly but gave that up 2 years ago.
I noticed this a week ago and it looks like it’s grown a little, towards the back where it is curving off...however my tongue keeps running over it so maybe that’s not helping. The area is bordered by a distinct line around the back and feels smooth and maybe a little swollen. I thought maybe even an infection? My health anxiety is getting the best of me so any insight would be great.
Thank you!
408CC75B-40CC-47B1-B064-844E95E1E5CA.jpeg

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It is hard to diagnose off of the image. I have a lot of questions. Is that crown a temporary since you had mentioned of not getting a permanent crown. X-ray images preferably peripical and bitewing views would be very helpful. I need to know the status of the previous root canal treatment, any recurrent cavities under the crown, gum probing for loss of attachment, etc.

Vote:
Solutions
Thanks for your reply!

The tooth does not have a permanent crown. It was just the temporary but it broke about a year ago. I haven’t had any problems with it but did notice some darkness so thought maybe that was decay but maybe that’s just what it looks like? I was going to get the crown soon...been saving for that. When I feel with my tongue from the back side it feels puffy.
I also feel like it’s been irritated for a little while. I notice I tend to chew things on that side and I think I’m pretty full gusto when I do. I took a picture in mid October to see if anything was there but it was totally clear. So I don’t know how long it’s been this way. Here is another picture just for a different perspective on color. Everything I have read says Erythroplakia is fire red which I don’t know that this is but I guess that could be unreliable.
I do plan to call my dentist on Monday but was trying to calm my fears a little.
I appreciate your help!

Attachments

• ED724A0F-38F8-4287-96C9-89570FAC85DB.png
    ED724A0F-38F8-4287-96C9-89570FAC85DB.png
    447 KB · Views: 147

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I see the red area but I don't know what is causing it. Hopefully after x-ray images and full evaluation may lead to more accurate diagnosis.

Vote:
Solutions
I really hate to bother but I’m having so much anxiety right now. Looking at last Sundays picture and this mornings picture, it looks quite a bit worse. If this would be something bad would it change this much in a week?
I appreciate your time in helping me.
9015F046-E8E3-4550-997E-3377EBCD98DE.jpeg
4BDA8F61-1678-4BF2-B50C-D27BD373868C.png

Vote:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
https://reduslim.at/

Latest Threads