Enamel gone?

Hi there. I have a very frustrating problem.

I while ago I scraped my tooth to try get something out or off. I think I may have removed the enamel as now it is permenantly stained.

What are my options here? I've had a full clean before and they were convinced it would fix it but it came back not long after.

Thanks

Good day,

Are you a smoker by any chance? Any photo of the "stain" ?

Thanks for the reply. Yes unfortunately I am.

Probably one of the most awkward photos I've ever posted

Thank you

20200605_224141.jpg

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
When looking at the photo it is difficult to discern if it is only staining or perhaps a cavity. For this a radiograph might be needed to make sure there is no decay. It might be that you already had a area that was demineralized due to underlying decay and in such a case a filling might be needed.
It is also important to note that unfortunately smoking always causes staining that returns even after a cleaning and can even stain the filling, as well as the filling margins, over time .
It is best that you go and see a dentist and let them take an x-ray to evaluate the area fully.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It depends on how deep the stain/cavity goes. If it is a cavity, then no, you can't clean it. If the stain is superficial you can maybe try and remove it with a toothbrush and toothpaste.

Vote:

Ask a Question