Emergency dentist help

Solutions
Tomorrow i'm going straight to the emergency dentist, as that is the only thing that is open during this pandemic we're having.

Please can I have some advise on here before I accept any of their options that will be offered to me?

I'm experiencing serve pain but only when I push the gum above three of my teeth which has got me real concerned. I've actually noticed one of my molars looks like the gum above it has receded cause the root looks visible!

The pain is ONLY when i push against the gum above the teeth, when drinking cold drinks, the molar that looks to have receded (middle tooth in the red circle) is extremely sensitive, and sensitive to cold air.

Last time I went to my dentist about this issue with another tooth, (gum pain, sensitivity - but no receding) it was an immediate root canal they done. Does it look and sound like this may be the case again?

**Last time I had an X-ray on all my teeth I got told I have short roots to begin with, but upon researching, this is a side effect of having braces I think

1595293318291.png

1595293431940.png

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

The sensitivity you experience might be because of the exposed root surface due to the gum recession in that area. The fact that you experience pain when pressing on the tooth, is a bit worrying. This might be an indication of infection around the roots of the tooth or the tooth might also have some underlying bone loss in that area, causing the tooth to be a little bit mobile leading to the pain. Either way, a x-ray will be needed to give a proper diagnoses. It is best that you visit the dentist so he can do a full examination.

Vote:

Ask a Question