EATING AFTER IMPLANT NO ABUTMENT YET

Had an implant done 2 weeks ago with a healing cap....meaning...implant WITHOUT gum covering over top. I see a healing cap visible and no gum is covering anything.

My question is, can I eat on this side and this area at this point?? (this is an upper left first-pre-molar, tooth #12)

I read conflicting things online where they say, no eating on affected side for 4 to 6 months if you have an implant and visible healing cap visible.

Online says the "eat mostly everything" after 3 weeks is only applicable to those with the implant and gum covering surgery.

Please clarify when I can eat and what I can eat and after what time frame. My dentist office is closed for March Break and on day of surgery they only told me about care in the first 48 hours...not sure or maybe I didn't hear what they said about the upcoming months....

It is tedious having to chew only on 1 side of the mouth and I cannot imagine doing so for 4 months while I wait for the crown. thank you.

Ask a Question