Dry socket?

Solutions
Hi I just got 3 teeth pulled on Monday. I’m still having bad pain in one of the teeth and to me it looks a little more sunken in then the others. Is this dry socket?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

Usually a dry socket is pain that presents 3 or 4 days after an extraction.
Do you have any photos of the area?

Vote:
Solutions
Still having pain.

Attachments

• CEEFA0B5-05D9-4DA2-9D7A-106805F1969A.jpeg
    CEEFA0B5-05D9-4DA2-9D7A-106805F1969A.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 125

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
If you still have pain, it is most likely that the sockets are infected. Make a follow-up visit with your dentist, so that he can clean out the socket, to facilitate a new blood clot forming. He will also give you some antibiotics to drink.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It might be that the socket needs to be rinsed out. There might be food particles or tooth/ bone pieces left over that cause a chronic irritation. Sometimes it needs to be rinsed out more than once before the infection clears up-even with antibiotics. If you rinsed too violently, the blood clot could also have become dislodged, which could lead to this problem, i.e dry socket.
Arrange a follow-up visit with your dentist.
During this follow-up visit, the dentist can also take x-rays of the adjacent teeth, to examine their status.

Vote:

Ask a Question