Dry Socket

Those of you who had a dry socket and recovered, can you please tell me which treatment was efficient and in how much time?

I had my wisdom tooth extracted 2 weeks ago and developed the dry socket. Since then tried everything - regular cleaning and filling, antibiotics etc. Yesterday they made a cut to make a new blood clot. But I think nothing works at all. I'm in terrible pain without any progress.

Really need to know the details of success stories.

A new clot is a good approach. Give it time! No poking or touching it if you can get a clot formed the healing process will be rapid and the pain will go down over the next 72 hours

Vote:
had dry socket twice myself after bottom teeth extractions.pain was very bad and had to have antobiotics and dentist dressed hole with antibacterial padding twice which helped with pain.did take nearly 3 weeks to start to heal properly,but does usually sort by itself,just takes a long while.If you've had anti biotics and still no improvement I would go back to dentist

Vote:

Ask a Question