Drooling after all teeth crowned

I did not have Enamel and I recently have crowned to all my teeth, extracted all four wisdom teeth and also did RCT to my front 14 teeth and all back teeth are vital.
After crowning I am having following issue.
1) Too much drooling(watering mouth all the time)
2) food stuck while chewing food
3) my vital teeth are too much sensitive while having cold OR hot food/water
I would really appreciate if you have any suggestion or solution for that.

Last edited:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
1) Cannot explain the timing of "drooling." Excess saliva is better than having dry mouth. It will help lubricate your mouth and prevent cavities (neutralize acid damage)
2) The crowns are not your natural teeth with natural contours. They are altered slightly and sometimes can cause some food debris to be trapped. Did you talk to your dentist about this? Excessive debris being trapped is not optimal.
3) Any drilling on teeth will make them more temperature sensitive. The more drilling, the more trauma it can cause which can injure the nerve in the root canal. Try not to overwhelm your teeth with temperature (your teeth will remind you) and allow the nerves to calm itself.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
  1. Drooling most likely caused by unusual feeling of extra bulk of teeth. It should settle in time as your brain adjusts to the new sensation. Try not to obsess over it.
  2. Talk to dentist, or get 2nd opinion. Too hard to comment here, but food impaction should NOT be happening. It may also contribute to drooling.
  3. Dental treatment is never risk-free. Crowning teeth can cause nerve (pulpal) death in 5-15% of cases. Therefore, crowning teeth is not to be undertaken lightly - it's not as simple as changing the tires on your car. Again, consider 2nd opinion.

Vote:

Ask a Question