Drink question

I've neglected my teeth for five years, well, I brushed and flossed but overall have not been totally active. I recently had to have my wisdom teeth remove and later went for a cleaning, after five years I was told they weren't as bad as she thought they would be. I had two small cavities, so overall it could have been worse.

My dentist is a cool fellow who I seems to genuinely care for his patients. He suggested that I drink only water and milk. In the past five years I've drank a LOT of diet soda, and for a while now I've known I've had to stop that. I was inspired to cut out diet soda almost entirely and I've been adjusting to a life of mostly water fairly well. I do however have to take a slug of cranberry juice or something sweet. I can't drink milk, does not do my stomach well. My question is, I can adjust to drinking mostly water but are there any alternative beverage options that I could fold into my diet without brining great harm to my teeth? I've heard different things, I thought I would ask here. All things in moderation with vigilant dental hygiene? Much obliged for your comments ahead of time. Thanks!

Ask a Question