Does this look normal?

I had four root canals on my front teeth about 2 years ago. Unfortunely because root canals aren’t covered after the age of 21 where I live, I had to pay out of pocket for all four. By the time I was done with them, I didn’t have anymore money left to pay for crowns. I am a 24 year old mother with no income. Recently I went to a dentist for that was covered by my state insurance for a cleaning. (I’ll never go there again). Anyway when he took xrays I noticed that my front teeth where the root canals are, looked odd but I’m not a dentist so idk. Does this look normal?

Attachments

• 529FD1DF-7DB8-4245-95CB-3CC96E50A73A.jpeg
    529FD1DF-7DB8-4245-95CB-3CC96E50A73A.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 263
I am so scared that my teeth will be the death of me. I am only 24 and I feel like by 30 I’ll have no front teeth. Also, on one of these teeth I would get really bad abscesses to the point my face would swell up, which is what led me to get the root canals in the first place. 1 turned into 4, and that’s why I didn’t have money for the crowns.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The root fillings look satisfactory. The squiggly line is some of the glue/cement that has squeezed through the tip of the tooth during root filling, and is often of no consequence.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
What led to all the root canals? Did you have trauma? Do you drink a lot of soda/Red Bull/Starbucks/Energy drinks? Hopefully you don't do meth, etc. I had a young mother your age that sued me for all of her teeth rotting out and later I found out she was arrested for Meth.

Vote:
What led to all the root canals? Did you have trauma? Do you drink a lot of soda/Red Bull/Starbucks/Energy drinks? Hopefully you don't do meth, etc. I had a young mother your age that sued me for all of her teeth rotting out and later I found out she was arrested for Meth.

No I don’t do meth or any drugs for that matter lol. Never have, never will.
I think the combination of not taking care of my teeth properly, not getting a routine cleaning (I didn’t know how important oral care was) and drinking a lot of soda led to my root canals. Biggest regret of my life
:(

Are my teeth doomed because I got root canals? Is it possible to live the rest of my without loosing these teeth?!?

P.S. I hope you won the lawsuit!

Vote:

Ask a Question