Does anyone know Mouthcoloid - colloidal silver mouthwash?

I'm having problems and pain on my teeth. I hear that colloidal silver is good to for mouth problems, but I don't want to make it myself I can't even find were to buy distilled water, so I looked on the forums and found mouthcoloid mouthwash. So does anyone used it? is it modified? Can I use it?

My mother has used this OTC treatments. And it seems to help her. There are many online homeopathic sites that offer this quite afford ably as well as Wholefoods, Trader Joes, and Sprouts, here in California.

Taken from Wikipedia.
The medical uses of silver include its incorporation into wound dressings, creams, and as an antibiotic coating on medical devices. While wound dressings containing silver sulfadiazine or silver nanomaterials may be used on external infections,[1][2][3] there is little evidence to support such use.[4] There is tentative evidence that silver coatings on urinary catheters and endotracheal breathing tubes may reduce the incidence of catheter-related urinary tract infections and ventilator-associated pneumonia, respectively.[5][6] The silver ion (Ag+) is bioactive and in sufficient concentration readily kills bacteria in vitro. Silver exhibits low toxicity in the human body, and minimal risk is expected due to clinical exposure by inhalation, ingestion, dermal application.[7] Silver and silver nanoparticles are used as an antimicrobial in a variety of industrial, healthcare and domestic applications.[8]
Colloidal silver (a colloid consisting of silver particles suspended in liquid) and formulations containing silver salts were used by physicians in the early 20th century, but their use was largely discontinued in the 1940s following the development of safer and effective modern antibiotics.[9][10] Since the 1990s, colloidal silver has again been marketed as an alternative medicine, often with extensive "cure-all" claims. Colloidal silver products remain available in many countries as dietary supplements and homeopathic remedies, although they are not effective in treating any known condition and carry the risk of serious side effects such as argyria, allergic reactions, and interactions with prescription medications.[11][12]

Vote:
Since silver is known as infection-treating element, then it could be effective. Scientists says that including silver in mouthwashes helps combat mouth infection and fungi

Vote:

Ask a Question