Do you believe this is Periodontitis or Gingivitis?

From a quick search on Google Images, It seems to me that it's well into the Periodontitis side of the spectrum. What do you think? How greatly do you believe my gums have been damaged?

Snapshot_20180714_2.png Snapshot_20180714_3.png

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Not too bad, very early periodontitis in lower teeth. If you get them cleaned up by a dentist or periodontist, and mend your wicked ways you'll be OK.

Vote:
Thank you for your reply. And how do you see my upper teeth? Both my upper and lower regions are sensitive to cold/hot beverages.

Also, I'm relatively young (23); is there a chance that it will come again after treatment, on its own, even if I maintain good hygiene measures?

By the way, I neither smoke nor drink coffee or alcohol. I got it from tonnes of sugar and zero brushing, to be honest, but I have already began to change that.

I upload a third photo that I believe is crisper than the previous ones:

Snapshot_20180715_4.png

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Not that I can see. But this is all without perio probing, charting, and X-rays. The photos are real good, I can simply see that lower gums are more swollen.

Vote:

Ask a Question