Do my gums look bad?

It has obviously receded at some parts. My secret hope is that this was caused years ago during a time where my dental hygiene was not very good but it has stopped completely because I now take excellent care of my teeth. It used to bleed sometimes when flossing, it doesn't now. My worst fear is that it is caused by night teeth grinding (I don't know if I do this), because it will be completely out of my control. My dentist never really mentions my gums, I will ask next time. Is it possible to tell if it's still receding at this point?

https://imgur.com/a/47BKbAb

Attachments

• aLfJXdb.jpg
    aLfJXdb.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 385
  • ScOCp3a.jpg
    ScOCp3a.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 364

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Your gums look good, minimal recession. Make sure you are using a soft bristled toothbrush or electric brush head and not brush too hard. If your toothbrush bristles are flattening after use, you may be causing gum damage. Look into a custom night guard that is hard on the outside and softer on the inside.

Vote:
Thanks a lot for your reply! Do you think I need a mouthguard by looking at the pic, or did you mean it as a general method against grinding damage?

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Not by looking at the pic. Your pics look good. Grinding you teeth not only damages your teeth but stresses your TMJ (TemporoMandibular Joint) as well. You will feel so much better in the mornings. I know, I wear one.

Vote:

Ask a Question