Do i really need a brace?

Hello everybody,

I have a bit of a dilemma where ive asked my dentist what i should do about my teeth and the only answer i have been given is to get a brace fitted, my trouble is only 1 tooth is out of place which is my right canine tooth. Ive searched over the internet and have struggled to find anybody with a similar kind of problem to myself, its not a major hassle but i feel it slightly affects my speech and makes my smile not very appealing.

i would love to know if there is anybody here who knows anybody who has had the same or similar kind of trouble in the past, understandably i dont want to fork out over £3000 for invisalign just to move 1 tooth!

any suggestions of alternative treatments would be greatly appreciated, the only option i can think of is get the tooth pulled and then have an implant in the correct place but im in way over my head thinking about the costs of that procedure!

thanks

View attachment 54

View attachment 55

I'm an orthodontist in Surrey, B.C. I'd have to examine your teeth to give you a definitive answer. However, in my experience a retainer can sometimes fix the problem at a fraction of the cost. I have had patients who have needed braces for one or two teeth that were "out of place." This was due to their bone structure and the severity of the tooth's displacement. I would definitely see an orthodontist (not just the dentist) and get at least two opinions. If the retainer doesn't work you can always finance braces at a later date. It's worth a shot.

Vote:
It's probably best to follow the advice of your Dentist, although I a retainer can be effective in moving one tooth. Taking the advice of a dentist who has actually examined your mouth is far better, though. My suggestion, is to raise your concerns with your dentist.

Vote:

Ask a Question