Do I need wisdom teeth removed?

A while ago, I had oral ulcers. At that time, I thought it was a wisdom tooth pain. I went to the hospital to take a CT scan. The dentist told me that I needed to remove the two wisdom teeth on the right side of the CT scan, because the upper teeth had grown into the maxillary sinus, and the lower wisdom teeth were not in the right position. Is she right? My oral ulcers are healed, and my wisdom teeth have no other symptoms. Do I need to pull out my wisdom teeth?

Attachments

• mmexport1684595908768.jpg
    mmexport1684595908768.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 11
  • mmexport1684595846382.jpg
    mmexport1684595846382.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 11

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Despite the awful resolution on the scan, it appears that you are one of the few people who have managed to have erupted wisdom teeth in a reasonable position. If you are able to function with them, if you can keep them clean easily (brushing and esp flossing), and if you're not biting your cheeks, then you can leave them in place.

Vote:
Whether you need your wisdom teeth removed depends on factors like impaction, crowding, decay, or infection, or as suggested by your dentist. or if it functions properly then you must have to take care of them properly.

Vote:

Ask a Question