Do I have options?

Do I have options? I'm a young college kid, I don't have $6,000 laying around but it is getting harder for me to chew. I would be very grateful if someone can give me advice on the below issue. I need to know if I have options, if this quote is high or average for this procedure, Is there a place locally that can help me find an honest dentistry? I feel like each one I go to is trying to play me for my money.

issue: I attached my xrays. The dentist told me I have two teeth that need to be extracted and replaced with implants. He wants to do a bone graft on both. The quote he gave me for this procedure was just under $6,000, which was including the ppo dental plan that I have through my employer. I'm sketched because it seemed more like a sales pitch than a treatment plan. The dentistry is pushy and is pressuring me to get this done.

Attachments

• Cory, Green 02-15-2017 Intraoral Full Mouth Images.jpeg
    Cory, Green 02-15-2017 Intraoral Full Mouth Images.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 330
  • coryg1 (1).png
    coryg1 (1).png
    99 KB · Views: 290
  • coryg2 (1).png
    coryg2 (1).png
    99.4 KB · Views: 308

Zuri Barniv

Verified Dentist
If money is tight, have the teeth removed and grafted but then have the dentist make you a lower hard mouth guard that you would only wear at night and it would keep the teeth from moving around over time. Then you can wait and do an implant next year when your insurance renews and another implant the following year. You could take as much time as you need without rushing. Hope that helps.

I have a blog post on finding an honest dentist if you need help with that.
Dr. Barniv

Vote:
If money is tight, have the teeth removed and grafted but then have the dentist make you a lower hard mouth guard that you would only wear at night and it would keep the teeth from moving around over time. Then you can wait and do an implant next year when your insurance renews and another implant the following year. You could take as much time as you need without rushing. Hope that helps.

I have a blog post on finding an honest dentist if you need help with that.
Dr. Barniv

Thank you for your response. I emailed my dentistry earlier today and am waiting for their response. They told me originally that I could choose to just get the extractions and fillings but that they wouldn't recommend it in the long run. Why is that?
What I really want to know is if these are my only options.. I don't have anywhere near the money they need but it's getting to the point where I can hardly eat solid food because of the pain..

Vote:
I feel you, I'm a 25 year old guy and I have trouble chewing on crunchy and semi-hard food and have gone through deciding back and forth if I wanna have my wisdom teeth pulled. Try looking for a university/college in your area who provide what you're looking for. They have students doing the procedures so the cost should be lower. Just call ahead and ask. Try visiting ada.org and searching up local relevant places.

Vote:
I feel you, I'm a 25 year old guy and I have trouble chewing on crunchy and semi-hard food and have gone through deciding back and forth if I wanna have my wisdom teeth pulled. Try looking for a university/college in your area who provide what you're looking for. They have students doing the procedures so the cost should be lower. Just call ahead and ask. Try visiting ada.org and searching up local relevant places.
I'll look into that thanks for that!

Vote:

Ask a Question