Do I have cavities? X-ray included

I went to a new dentist today and he told me I have 4 cavities. My previous dentist never told me about any dental issues, so I'm led to believe that my new dentist might just be recommending pre-emptive cavity fillings.

I've attached an image of the x-rays. Any feedback would be extremely helpful.

Thank you!

Attachments

• X0252800.jpg
    X0252800.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 564
Hi there, I am a recent graduate from a dental school and I could see that you have a number of lesions that are irreversible and thus need to be treated. You also have incipient lesions that are reversible but can become "cavities" if you don't take care of your oral hygiene. I would say your new dentist is not BSing with you. Your old dentist is also probably correct because those cavities may have been still in its reversible stage where they don't require dental treatment at the time you saw him.

Do you live in southern California? If you do, I can get 1 or 2 of them treated for my dental licensure exam without any charge. Let me know if you are intererested.

Vote:
Hi there, I am a recent graduate from a dental school and I could see that you have a number of lesions that are irreversible and thus need to be treated. You also have incipient lesions that are reversible but can become "cavities" if you don't take care of your oral hygiene. I would say your new dentist is not BSing with you. Your old dentist is also probably correct because those cavities may have been still in its reversible stage where they don't require dental treatment at the time you saw him.

Do you live in southern California? If you do, I can get 1 or 2 of them treated for my dental licensure exam without any charge. Let me know if you are intererested.
cavities appear dark on xrays.. i dont thnk he z havng any kind of irreversible cavities

Vote:

Ask a Question