Discolouration - what can I do?

Hi all,

When I was a young boy in school, I unfortunately fell over in the playground and chipped my front tooth as seen in the photo. This moulding the dentist applied to fix has of course discoloured over time. I think the only way to fix that part of my front left tooth would be to have the moulding replaced.
But! What about the whiter stains/discolouration near the moulding, are there any treatments dentists can provide to fix this?

Thank you so much in advance for any tips.

Kind regards,
Daniel
20220718_075426.jpg

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day
The filling definitely can be replaced. There are some techniques available to remove some of the whiter spots, such as resin infiltration, which can produce great results. Discuss this with your dentist during your consultation

Vote:
Hi all,

When I was a young boy in school, I unfortunately fell over in the playground and chipped my front tooth as seen in the photo. This moulding the dentist applied to fix has of course discoloured over time. I think the only way to fix that part of my front left tooth would be to have the moulding replaced.
But! What about the whiter stains/discolouration near the moulding, are there any treatments dentists can provide to fix this?

Thank you so much in advance for any tips.

Kind regards,
Daniel
View attachment 5121
Hi Daniel! No worries over the discolouration, as Dr M suggested there are ways to correct this. Make an appointment with your dentist.

Vote:

Ask a Question