Discolored Gum after Wisdom Tooth Extraction

Hello,
You can all just call me Alex. Yesterday here in Ontario Canada at about 2:30-3pm my time I underwent an elective wisdom tooth extraction for a fully grown bottom wisdom tooth that had a cavity on it too big to repair. I have always neglected my oral hygiene but nothing to the extremes that you would see on Google images and the like. I just neglect my brushing. Anyhow, the extraction was quick and without incident, took about 15 minutes and 5 shots of numbing but I was fully awake without any anesthesia and the tooth was out in a few minutes. After getting home, I followed all my dentists instructions. No strenuous activity, no solid foods, no straw drinking and no smoking. (I don't smoke cigarettes anyway.) When I got home I waited for the bleeding to subside and then I ate some oatmeal, some vanilla ice cream and some soup before bed drinking water all the way. Today the pain has barely been present but I have been taking advil liqui-gels every 4 hours just to be sure. It is now 10:30pm the day after the extraction and I am just now getting a good look at the extraction site. I was given no stitches which was odd, but now I am seeing white/yellow streaking all around the gum socket. This can't be normal and looks like an infection but is it possible to be infected that fast? I can't afford another consultation let alone another procedure and yes...I am already on government assistance and have used up all the dental funds with the extraction yesterday. Anyone who can verify if I am in danger of sepsis from leaving this alone for a month please reply. I have included a picture of the extraction site to the best clarity I could get. Please forgive the crudeness of the image and my rambling. Sincerely,

-Alexander.
Screenshot_2016-11-02-22-19-23.png

Hello Alex!
I don't think there's something to worry about.
It seems to me that this is a normal healing process.
Don't worry about not having sutures. We don't usually use them if it's just a normal extraction.
Take care!

Vote:
Hello Alex!
I don't think there's something to worry about.
It seems to me that this is a normal healing process.
Don't worry about not having sutures. We don't usually use them if it's just a normal extraction.
Take care!

Thank you very much! I appreciate your reply. I will leave things be. If you could tell me one last thing, in a few hours it will be 48 hours after the surgery. I would very much like some solid food..like a hamburger or some chicken. The nurse said for some reason no solid foods for a week but the sheet they sent me home with says only the first 48 hours. Can I have solid foods now with careful chewing?

Vote:

Ask a Question