Differences for insurance filing for Invisalign vs. traditional braces?

Hello,

Hopefully other dentists that are currently offering Invisalign can answer this question:

I've recently started to offer Invisalign. I'm getting mixed up on the paperwork.

Is Invisalign treated differently from regular orthodontics when filing procedure codes and what is the best code to use when filing?

Thanks for the advice.

No, it’s not treated differently. Orthodontic treatment is orthodontic treatment.
As a thirty-year veteran of orthodontics, I feel compelled to mention that Invisalign is a “tool” and not a “product”. Our practice currently has five patients whose Invisalign did not go well with their dentist and needed to be re-treated for a host of problems. Their dentists (all) let the Invisalign technicians set their cases up for them, when problems arose they didn’t have the training to problem solve them. They were all skilled dentists, but not orthodontic residency training. I guess I’m just saying, use caution and pick your cases wisely. Best of luck.

Vote:

Ask a Question