Detached gum after wisdom teeth removal?

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth extracted about 8 days ago and in the bottom left of my mouth, the gum near the second to last molar all the way to the back of my mouth isn't attached via stitch or anything to my teeth at all, unlike normal gum tissue. Meanwhile in the same exact spot on the right side, the flap of gum tissue is attached to my teeth and rest of gum ( was via a stitch until stitch fell off) and isn't as loose at all. The gum tissue is very sensitive and not attached. Any and all info or tips are very appreciated thank you.

I will be going back to the dental office in a little less than 1 week from today, but i don't wanna wait that long to ask my dentist(he told me to just keep the spot clean and that's it -_-) thanks

also, when i wear my retainers at night a part of the retainer touches the unattached and sensitive part of the gum tissue.

Ask a Question