Destroyed my teeth

I had one bad tooth and right before my insurance was due to expire, I missed the timeline to go to the dentist. I applied for insurance and for some reason it got denied. I borrowed money from someone and got my tooth fixed out of pocket (i paid the majority with my small savings). After getting home I had the worst pain I felt in my life.

To make it worse, this pain existed for 5 days straight. I did not sleep more than an hour every night.

For 4+ years I never returned to the dentist and my genetics, I always had bad teeth even brushing twice a day id get cavities.

So now, im 26 years old and I lost more than half of my teeth. They mostly destroyed, gone, decaying, my entire top set is pretty much gone.

Its been years of suffering and Its been eating away at me to the point where im suicidal. I got past that stage, but ive just been so depressed lately.

I exhausted all options. I know i can never afford to fix them with insurance or not. I recently been drinking every single night because of the constant thoughts, all I can think about is how I want to fix my teeth and even talk to my family without hiding my teeth.

Everyone assumes I use drugs and I may lose my job now (minimum wage) because its gotten so bad. I probably lost 12 teeth and I could never afford to fix them.

How grim does the future look for me? any advice? im scared ill get an infection or the pain will start to get really bad.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I'm sorry you're having a lot of teeth troubles. People say they brush & floss10,000 times a day and they still get cavities. #1, you may not be brushing and flossing effectively. #2 Diet, you may be drinking too much sugary, acidic and creamy beverages. The longer those beverages and foods bathe around teeth, the more destructive it can get. #3, you may not be getting adequate Fluoride. A lot of people believe Fluoride is poison and they refuse any source. The science is, with optimal Fluoride, your teeth's mineral content will be more resistant to deterioration.

It is impossible for me to assess your teeth's future. Hopefully you can get your life together for the best.

Vote:
I'm sorry you're having a lot of teeth troubles. People say they brush & floss10,000 times a day and they still get cavities. #1, you may not be brushing and flossing effectively. #2 Diet, you may be drinking too much sugary, acidic and creamy beverages. The longer those beverages and foods bathe around teeth, the more destructive it can get. #3, you may not be getting adequate Fluoride. A lot of people believe Fluoride is poison and they refuse any source. The science is, with optimal Fluoride, your teeth's mineral content will be more resistant to deterioration.

It is impossible for me to assess your teeth's future. Hopefully you can get your life together for the best.
Yeah I have been trying my best. The help is minimal at this point regardless. Seems like a domino effect.

Thank you.

Vote:

Ask a Question