Desperate call for help!!

Hi everybody, I really hope somebody can help me.... I'll start from the start...
Back in mid January I had my first ever dentist experience! I was eating a bar of chocolate and one of my bottom molars on the left side broke.... Had no pain whatsoever but as a precautions measure I booked in to see a dentist, where is got my first filling (white composite)
For a good week after this my 2 front teeth on the bottom were throbbing but after a little adjustment to the height of the filling this soon disappeared!!! Along came the sensitivity!! Unbearable to the max, and aswell as that my teeth started to feel like they were clashing with other, like they didn't fit in properly or were lopsided!!!
So I went back again and was told it was such an unusual complaint, basically told it was all in my head, she done a bite test and said my teeth were not clashing!!!
So off I went for another week and got no better so I went back again, where she took the filling out, started root canal and put a temp filling in, aswell as 2 temp fillings on 2 of my upper teeth on the right side, gave me a weeks supply of antibiotics and sent me off.....
I was fixed, for 2 whole weeks!!!!! Best 2 weeks of my life.... Anyway the same feelings came back so I went back again, had root canal and white composite filling put back in.... Still no joy... So was told I needed 4 fillings and that could be the cause of it, so week aft week I was going in to get my fillings done.... Now, 5 fillings later and €1000 out of pocket I'm still suffering.... The sensitivity is not based at one tooth.... It's my whole mouth. I'm desperate to get fixed and I'm going to orlando in 3 weeks and the thoughts of having to spend my holiday like this is so upsetting. I've never suffered with sensitive teeth in my whole 25 years, it's literally affecting my life.... I can't talk properly, my work is affected even touching things sends the sensitivity into overdrive..... I don't understand it and neither does my dentist.... What can I do.... I can't be the only one with this problem??
Really hope someone can help me,
Thanks so much xx

That must be miserable. I' m so sorry. Have you tried sensitivity toothpaste? Many people get relief after using it for a while. Fluoride treatments can also help with sensitivity. There are fluoride varnishes that your dentist can apply as well as prescription strength at home fluoride that he could prescribe. It's also possible that you have a hairline fracture on a tooth. These fractures are hard to see on x-rays, but there are tests that can be done to find them.

That must be miserable. I' m so sorry. Have you tried sensitivity toothpaste? Many people get relief after using it for a while. Fluoride treatments can also help with sensitivity. There are fluoride varnishes that your dentist can apply as well as prescription strength at home fluoride that he could prescribe. It's also possible that you have a hairline fracture on a tooth. These fractures are hard to see on x-rays, but there are tests that can be done to find them.
Thank you for your reply....
I've been using sensitive toothpaste and also a sensitive mouthwash but nothing seems to work.....
I will go back to my dentist with the information about a fluoride varnish, hopefully it's something simple, it's just finding the cause.
Thanks so much again I feel a little better now xx

Ask a Question