Dentists(my experience in the UK)

Hi All. First,thanks for this open forum and the ability given to become informed,ask questions,and post comments.

First, a brief introduction to myself through my (limited?)experience with dental practioners here(in the UK)

I've been with two dental practitioners here for over 25 years. Just a comment! Is it me or 'just some health practioners' who seem to have a problem with being asked questions? I worked as a health practitioner and always welcomed questions...by patients or staff/students. Not so some practitioners who seem to be surprised,affronted or become very defensive then hostile when I just seek a bit of clarification. Wotswiththecageypassive-aggressive response. Is it just some of the practitioners(medical and dental)I meet,or just a GB phenomena? I'm wondering whether its just a GB deference preferment response expected problem: during schooling/training the practitioner is taught 'they know best' and the patient should 'know their place'.
I just seem to have upset my dentist. I asked a couple of questions over trying to save a tooth(that had begun to ache)and now I sense a particular distance and suspicion having developed in the relationship. Further,(after an explanation?),I now have to wait over a month to have a diseased tooth removed. I mean...I didn't wish to offend(if I have offended...by asking a few questions),I thought it was okay to seek how/why my tooth was like it is/had to come out/can't it be saved
I mean,wotswith some guys. Why the hostility? Or can it be me? Maybe I'm asking. This isn't what should be happening!!!

Ask a Question