Dentist Question

SO I went to the dentist and checked everything out. Turn's out my insurance company covered most of the dental procedures, but I felt like my dentist is trying to take advantage of my insurance company.

So I lost a tooth due to cavities. Whole tooth is gone, the only remaining is small outlines of the tooth.
Dentist told me to get a crown on the one above that.

What he explained to me that teeth stop growing when your top teeth meet the bottom. What my problem was since the bottom tooth was gone, the one tooth above that one kept on growing and growing. I really don't feel to do that but I don't feel a difference.

Is the dentist telling the truth?

This was my second dentist. The 1st one didn't even notice it.

teeth will over erupt if the opposing tooth is gone. It is a gradual process and therefore not noticeable. Having a crown would prevent further over eruption of the opposing tooth and also makes you broken tooth functional again. sounds like good advice to me. Hope this helps

Vote:
SO I went to the dentist and checked everything out. Turn's out my insurance company covered most of the dental procedures, but I felt like my dentist is trying to take advantage of my insurance company.

So I lost a tooth due to cavities. Whole tooth is gone, the only remaining is small outlines of the tooth.
Dentist told me to get a crown on the one above that.

What he explained to me that teeth stop growing when your top teeth meet the bottom. What my problem was since the bottom tooth was gone, the one tooth above that one kept on growing and growing. I really don't feel to do that but I don't feel a difference.

Is the dentist telling the truth?

This was my second dentist. The 1st one didn't even notice it.
He is telling the truth gentleman. You need a crown indeed. Your 1st dentist didn't notice it because for the first time it is actually not noticeable that much. Eventually, it becomes noticeable.

Vote:

Ask a Question