Dentist putting off a filling. Is it normal?

I had a filling that fell out so I went to the dentist today to get it refilled expecting to hear I'd need a root canal. Well the dentist said there was no abscess and based on x-rays I wouldn't need a root canal, however said that could change once they drill and see how much decay there is, but in cases like mine it's very rare.

Well I expected to have it filled today, but instead they scheduled it for next week. Is it normal? Couldn't it get worse where I'd need a root canal?

Also, I am not feeling any root canal symptoms, but ever since the hygienist blew that cold air into the hole where my filling was, my tooth has a slight ache. I'm guessing having cold air blown into a hole in your tooth is going to cause sensitivity, but just want to check.

I've had fillings refilled, taken out and refilled again. Never a root canal because the root was healthy and showed no signs of decay.

Its always good to Get a second opinion from another dentist.

Vote:
Yes i too believe that you need a second opinion to further reflect as what is hurting teeth or gums. Also cleanse your mouth with a mouthwash after every brushing, but try not to hurt that effected area.

Vote:

Ask a Question