Dentist missed a chunk of tooth! Should I go back or someplace new?

Solutions
I went to a different dentist recently for a tooth extraction. But I think he missed a small chunk of tooth. Should I go back to them to trust they will fix it? Or go someplace else? I don't have a lot of money to keep spending on dentist bills!

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day,

I would go back to the same dentist. Sometimes what we perceive as a chunk of tooth, might actually be pieces of bone that exist between or around the roots of our teeth, that can protrude a bit and cause some discomfort or worry. All he then needs to do is to trim it. If the tooth was grossly carious, small pieces might also have broken off, which is loose and can be removed easily. Either way, go back to the same dentist, so that he can take an x-ray if necessary, and evaluate if normal healing is taking place.

Hope this helps

Vote:
Solutions
Good day,

I would go back to the same dentist. Sometimes what we perceive as a chunk of tooth, might actually be pieces of bone that exist between or around the roots of our teeth, that can protrude a bit and cause some discomfort or worry. All he then needs to do is to trim it. If the tooth was grossly carious, small pieces might also have broken off, which is loose and can be removed easily. Either way, go back to the same dentist, so that he can take an x-ray if necessary, and evaluate if normal healing is taking place.

Hope this helps

Ty this does help alot. Though it will be my last time going there after this is fixed.

Vote:

Ask a Question