Dental treatment for a 3 year old boy?

Solutions
I just want to know is it an often case when such a young child would need a dental treatment?

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It depends on the parents and their level of motivation and effort to brush and floss their child. My brother's 2 young daughters have to be put to sleep in a hospital setting to restore their full mouths. My 3 children have no cavities.

It is a good idea to bring your child in for a get acquainted visit and to establish good home care.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I just want to know is it an often case when such a young child would need a dental treatment?
Unfortunately it is quite common. The most common reasons for that age are sweet drinks and lollies. Sometimes it's the parents, sometimes it's other family members who might take care of the child, e.g. grandparents, uncles, aunties. Plain water and unflavoured milk is all your child should be drinking. I am surprised how many parents say, "But he won't drink water!". Well, there will be some temper tantrums while they get used to the change, but only the parent buys these products.

Vote:

Ask a Question