Dental DNA tests!

My mom is interested in buying Dental DNA tests online ( My Grandma lose her teeth in her 40s ) So she worried about her teeth
and also mine. I tried googling some info or reviews , but I couldn't find it much; I saw one company called Chromozoom offer a
tests on their website, which I not sure should I buy or not.

Luckily, I found this forum , so hopefully, someone will give me more info about this testing.

Please write to me if some of you have done the test! What can the test tell us? Is the worst thing to buy?

Thank You

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Looks like a total waste of money. A lot of these so-called genetic test companies are preying on people's fears and ignorance of what genetic testing really means. They certainly won't analyse your whole genome, and scientists have yet to figure out the complexity of the multiple genes involved. There is a genetic link with gum disease, but if you look after your dental health, then there will be no problems.

Vote:
Looks like a total waste of money. A lot of these so-called genetic test companies are preying on people's fears and ignorance of what genetic testing really means. They certainly won't analyse your whole genome, and scientists have yet to figure out the complexity of the multiple genes involved. There is a genetic link with gum disease, but if you look after your dental health, then there will be no problems.
Hi MattKW,

Thank you fo your replies.

Vote:

Ask a Question