Dental Cost frustation

Thought I had "good dental coverage". My yearly max was $4,000 a year. Recently went to the dentist who referred me to the endodontist and the result was that I needed to have three root canals done. I successfully did all 3 root canals.

So I went back to my regular dentist to make an appointment and they check my insurance and saw that my yearly max of $4,000 of almost entirely used up by the three root canals and I only have $70 left for the year. The new year begins January 1st. I called to insurance company and they gave me a breakdown of the charges by the endodontist which was close to the $4,000.

Of course, I am shock and disappoint because now, I have to get 3 crowns and there is no money in my dental insurance coverage to pay for. When I spoke to my regular dentist, he said the my out of pocket cost for the 3 crowns(since there is no money left in my insurance plan) is $4,300 which is the discounted rate they would normally bill to my insurance company.

I don't have that type of money to pay for 3 crowns and I don't think it would be safe to leave my teeth like this until January when the new insurance year kicks. in.

What are my options.?

I heard that there are some dental schools with dentist in training that may charge a discounted rate?

Any other suggestions? I am desperate.

Thanks

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I don't know about dental schools in the US. You might ask your dentist to stabilise your teeth to prevent fracturing until Jan 1st. The simplest way is to place orthodontic bands.

Vote:

Ask a Question