Dead tooth

so I “think” one of my front tooth is dead because of change of color and is very loose and the tooth “dropped” down a bit. I feel that with a little effort, I can pull it off. Why when I drink cold or hot beverage, it hurts so much like it needs root canal when the tooth is dead ?

Solutions
You should see a dentist as soon as possible. If you can still feel the hot and cold then it's still vital. But it sounds like it's dying or has had a trauma. Please make an appointment and let us know how you get on. Perhaps with the right care you can save it.

Vote:
Will do. Yeah I been assuming that it’s dead because the color has changed, the tooth dropped down a bit and it’s very loose. But been hurting every time I drink hot or cold beverage. That has caused me to use a straw. I have been saving money for the bridge because I think the tooth is dead. But then again, I’m not a dentist so have to visit one ASAP.

Vote:
Apologize in advance for the disgust :(

Attachments

• E179E1F9-9A37-45BC-816B-4D756E8F959D.png
    E179E1F9-9A37-45BC-816B-4D756E8F959D.png
    576 KB · Views: 270

Vote:
Solutions
You really should see a dentist as soon as possible. If you lose the tooth then it will be a while before they can fit a bridge as the area needs to heal. So you will have time to save up. But if you leave it and if the tooth is infected it could affect other teeth and make you very ill in the process. So if you delay you could end up needing treatment on more than one tooth, which then makes a bridge less successful. It's really best not to leave such problems untreated. If you see a dentist ask for x rays to be emailed to you and then post them here.

Vote:

Ask a Question