Darker areas on x-ray

Solutions
Hello, I would like to have second opinion on my x-ray. There are some darker areas, I have marked it on my uploaded x-ray. On the left side if I press one spot with my finger I can feel something unusual, but no pain. And on the right side everything feels normal, no unusual feeling when pressing. My dentist suggested surgery on both sides.
Does somebody have a second opinion on what that could be?
Thank you for your response :)

Attachments

• 32C1AAA8-D862-4503-912D-D2E428F871AC.jpeg
    32C1AAA8-D862-4503-912D-D2E428F871AC.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

On your panoramic radio-graph it looks like you have abscesses or infections around the roots of your front teeth. This can sometimes happen, when crown preparations are made on vital teeth. Sometimes it is not immediately painful, but the pain can flare up at any stage. During the crown preparations, the tooth is cut smaller and the nerve can be damaged. This is always a risk. These teeth might require root canal treatments to be done-not necessarily surgery. This would be done through the existing crowns. The one tooth ( right front tooth in the mid-line) already has a root canal treatment performed on it, with a post( pin ) and crown. In this case, an apicetomy or surgery where they cut off the root tip, might be required, but only if a root canal re-treatment can't be performed.
It is important to note, that when root canal treatments are done through existing crowns, there is always a risk that the crowns can become damage or loose, and then new crowns might have to be made.

Hope this helps

Vote:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zelma85C07

Latest Threads