Cyst or gingivitis?

I'm currently waiting to get my dental insurance active and while I'm waiting I'm anxious because I don't know if I'm suffering gingivitis or a cyst by one tooth (bottom left) sometimes it looks like a swollen gum but in other lights it looks like a bubble. I literally have no money for treatment atm hence why I'm waiting for my insurance and even then it won't cover extensive work :/ can anyone tell me what it could be? Yes I know I need braces. No need to point it out. I have an appointment scheduled in 2 weeks but I'm just full of fear.

20220819_085657.jpg

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
That bump on your gums should go away soon. You may have some hormone fluctuations that can make gingivitis more pronounced. You should plan on having teeth cleaned twice a year. With your teeth crowding, it can be very difficult to keep them clean. I would recommend electric toothbrush like Sonicare or Oral B. Braces can be very expensive and can benefit your condition. If you get braces in the future, you cannot have any gum disease and or cavities or it will be a disaster.

Vote:
That bump on your gums should go away soon. You may have some hormone fluctuations that can make gingivitis more pronounced. You should plan on having teeth cleaned twice a year. With your teeth crowding, it can be very difficult to keep them clean. I would recommend electric toothbrush like Sonicare or Oral B. Braces can be very expensive and can benefit your condition. If you get braces in the future, you cannot have any gum disease and or cavities or it will be a disaster.
Thank you for replying to me. I'm relieved it should clear up. I have a off brand electric toothbrush. I've never been able ro get braces even though every dentist says I need them. I hope I can one day, I know it will benefit my gums greatly. My last cleaning I was told if I had braces my gingivitis would be less severe and easier to keep on top of.

Vote:

Ask a Question