Crown sensitivity to sweets?

Solutions
when i eat anything sweet on this particular crown it is sensitive.
this crown was placed a few months ago but with temporary cement as it took a long time to settle down.

could it be that the temporary cement is not sealing sufficiently and the sugar is entering under the crown?
its weird because it hurts right away but otherwise its doing ok guess..
I am ready to have it sealed with permanent cement but maybe not?

Solutions
Temporary cement will leak, so shouldn't be used for more than a few weeks, not months.

Thanks for the reply. I have read from several dentists that temporary cement is not really a problem and not such a great rush to put on permanent especially when tooth has been symptomatic and took awhile to settle down.
I will call them and ask. The dentist doesnt really even get back with me, my friend also has two teeth with temp cement for quite awhile now and no problems.

Vote:
Solutions
I meant to ask also
Will this dentist be able to look at the crown and determine if there is leakage? Or perhaps not admit to it if he did see the margins were not good...

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The margins will never be as good as a permanent crown, and temporary cements are designed to be soft. So, isn't it time yu moved to a permanent crown with a better cement?

Vote:
Solutions
The margins will never be as good as a permanent crown, and temporary cements are designed to be soft. So, isn't it time yu moved to a permanent crown with a better cement?
Thanks for your quick reply well aside from a lot of anxiety about dealing with the dentist and he not calling me to get it done probably those two reasons
Mainly because I take a long time to heal and anytime my teeth are messed with it's an ordeal.
Do not want to Rattle things
But yes you are correct in that it should probably be done if my tooth is basically settled down

Vote:

Ask a Question