Crown or extraction

Hello, I had a filling in my upper left jaw right next to my wisdom tooth many years ago. It was a very large filling.
About a year ago it fell out as I was eating a cookie so I went back to the dentis who said he is going to try and re fill it but as its so big I might need a crown or extraction. He refilled it and the filling came out a few weeks later, he tries to refill it again and then the filling came out again and again and this time he said to me if the filling comes out again then we're going to need to do a crown. One week later the filling came out again. It's so large that I think there is an exposed nerve as I can't drink cold drinks without extreme pain. Now I know if I go back he is going to do a crown or extraction if I choose. Now I cannot afford a crown so if I have to have one I have to wait a long time before going back so I could save money to get it done. An extraction would be much better in my financial situation. So I am just wondering if I had it removed and not replaced would I have even worse problems? I am not sure what to do, if I have a crown I am going to have to wait a good few months before I can afford it. Has anyone got any advice?

@Sanriodia if you're living in US then dental crown would be more costly. About teeth extraction I think it would be a better option if you can't really afford to have crowns. Through teeth extraction you can also save the sorrounding teeth. And you shouldn't worry about having a teeth gap after the extraction it will heal and while waiting you can save money for another dental procedure maybe an implant. Good luck!

Vote:

Ask a Question